 Local / Nederland / 497
496  |  498
Subject:
Dutch Language (was Re:Lego CD-Changer Instructions)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.nl
Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 21:11:42 GMT

"Mr L F Braun" <braunli1@pilot.msu.edu> wrote in message
In lugnet.general, Frank Buiting writes:

BTW. your dutch isn't too bad actually, just the order words of some • mixed
up are ;-)

   Ack, which ones?  (Or perhaps more appropriately, which ones
   *aren't* mixed up?  ;) )  Someone's got to tell me these things,
   or else I'm going to sound like I'm speaking in Bizarro Nederlands
   forever.

You wrote:
"Maar iemand wilt in Nederlands lezen, dan ik dit in Nederlands schrijven
kan proberen"
It should be:
"Maar (als) iemand in (het) Nederlands wil lezen, dan kan ik dit in (het)
Nederlands proberen (te) schrijven."
The words between ( ) were missing in your version, but it was quite clear
what you meant even the words were missing or mixedup...

   Anyways, followups for this one are in .nl only.  (I just wanted
   to make sure I acknowledged publicly that you had it first.)

Oh well, thanks for the credit but it's no problem :-)

-Frank