 Local / Italia / 4801
Re: R: Istanbul
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.tr, lugnet.loc.it
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 20:22:44 GMT

In lugnet.loc.tr, Guido Truffelli writes:
Hi Mario,

Last Saturday in Istanbul I had the pleasure to meet Selçuk Gore, who I • want
to thank for the Turkish Lego catalogs he gave me, for having driven my • wife
and me to a toy shop, and most of all for the two nice hours we passed
together talking about Lego and Turkey.
Without a local guide it's impossible to find a single toy shop in
Instanbul,
at least for me. :-)

How many millions of turkish liras for a basic set?  :-)

See you soon in Italy, Selçuk!
I hope to be there too.

Ciao, Guido

Actually, all of the toy stores in shopping centers (either independent or
chain) sells Lego. There are also other supermarket chains (similar to Walmart
or Target) named as Gima, Migros, Carrefourre (sp?), Metro, etc. and again all
of them sells Lego. Besides, there are two TRU stores here in Istanbul, and
another one in Kocaeli, a nighbouring city. But I know what you mean well,
Istanbul is a very very widely distributed city, without a well defined "city
center" so you of course need a guide..:-)

Unfortunately, for the last 2-3 months, finding Lego is a hard thing even for
me. I think something about presence of TLC in Turkey is radically changing,
and most of the places mentioned above stopeed selling Lego. When I checked
lego.com last month, I've seen that there is no "Lego Istanbul" mentioned in
the contact addresses section. I don't know why, but it seems that TLC is
cancelling its operations in Turkey.

Selçuk