 Local / Israel / 30
Re: Any good deals in Israel? (was Re: Hi all!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.il
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 18:49:54 GMT

Good deals in Israel are hard to fine, but I saw that the prices of LEGO
in Toys are Us are lower then in all other stores.
Anyhow I'm for one order my LEGOs through Shop@Home in the US, and I have
POB in the US that is shipped to me via GMBE.

In lugnet.loc.il, David Arnon writes:
In lugnet.loc.il, Israel Silberg writes:
Hi All,
From what I see here I'm the only Israeli AFOL, acctually living in Israel :-)
nice to know that.
Anyhow I'm gled I'm not the only Israeli AFOL in the world :-)
Israel

Hi All,
My first post to LUGNET ever!
Just wanted to let you know you are not alone in Israel -  we are at least two.
I have two questions since I''ve just  come out of my dark ages a few months
ago,
Is there any way to get good deals on LEGO in Israel?  The prices here are
unbelievable
(for ex. 8462 costs here 999 NIS and I saw in on Busy Bee for 50 pounds = ~330
NIS,
the MSRP for 8479 is 164$ (~ 650 NIS) and here it costs 1400 NIS)

Are we in Israel reduced to order through the Internet and pay for shipping,
customs & VAT?

Plus, is anyone here in Israel into Mindstorms / Handy Board / CyberMaster ?
I'm helping a Professor in the hebrew university to set up a robotics course
using LEGO, and I'll be happy to talk to someone that has a clue about this
matter.

Thanks,
David Arnon (arnon@silicon-value.com)