 Local / Israel / 29
Re: Any good deals in Israel? (was Re: Hi all!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.il
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 16:11:26 GMT

On Thu, 9 Mar 2000 11:44:57 GMT "David A." <arnon@SPAMFREEsilicon-value.com> wrote
concerning 'Any good deals in Israel? (was Re: Hi all!)':
Are we in Israel reduced to order through the Internet and pay for shipping,
customs & VAT?

heh, unfortunatly, I think that's the case.  I didn't get out of my
dark ages until I moved to the US, but on our last visit to .il, I did
notice how much more expensive the lego is there...  on the other
hand, we did find a bunch of stuff that is not available in the US
anymore... like 8880 (which I wish we got, even for 1200NIS), and a
ton of little euro sets...

Plus, is anyone here in Israel into Mindstorms / Handy Board / CyberMaster ?
I'm helping a Professor in the hebrew university to set up a robotics course
using LEGO, and I'll be happy to talk to someone that has a clue about this
matter.

I'm trying to get into Mindstorms, but like I said, I'm in DC now :)

David Arnon (arnon@silicon-value.com)
heh - you SPAMFREE-ed your "from" address, but not your sig?

:)

Dan