 Local / Israel / 149
148  |  150
Subject:
Shop@Home
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.il
Date:
Sun, 18 Jan 2004 12:55:01 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi everybody,

I don't know if anyone still reading this since the last post here was 8 monthes
ago, anyway I was yesterday in the chat with Jake Mckee (his nick name is Sink)
from LEGO and this is what he said:

[architect] ok, Yaron
[Webrain] Hi Jake, thanks for the chat. I guess I'm last, really need to change
nick to something that starts with A:-)
[Webrain] My question is do you know why Shop@Home does not shipping to Israel?
Is there away they'll start?
[Webrain] Everytime I import from S@H I have to pay 200% per set because of the
3rd party delivery and LEGENDS and bulks aren't available any other way
[sink] this is a pretty common question, replacing Israel with another country
we don't ship to.
[sink] the answer is pretty simple really. Each and every country has a
different set of laws, taxes, and customs issues. We have to choose the places
that make the most sense to spend time setting up businesses in (from an effort
and potential market standpoint)
[sink] however, as you've seen last year, we are constantly adding new
countries, and will continue, I'm sure
[Webrain] do you know if Israel is one of them?
[sink] Since you can't do everything all at once, you have to choose, and,
unfortunately for you, Israel is not on the 2003 list. I'm not sure if there are
plans, but I would suggest emailing customer service with your request. We pay
alot of attnetion to the call center/email records
[sink] (your voice combined with others from Israel can speak much louder than
yours alone)
[Webrain] ok, thanks Jake
[sink] np!

Anyway if you didn't knew already, Israel added recently custom on toys as well
(12%) if LEGO wasn't cost alot already (beside the 18% VAT). And we all know the
rates of Mustop I believe.

Just I thought I should share it
That it

Yaron "Webrain" Dori