 Local / Ireland/Éire / 32
31  |  33
Subject:
Books
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ie
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 21:50:45 GMT

Yvonne Doyle <ydoyle@iol.ie> wrote in message news:G51IFn.8Ao@lugnet.com...

have you guys seen the new books .. i found one in Roches stores
... a book with a few lego pieces .. the one i got was a space port
set ... mind you there was more packaging then anything else !

Yes, there are three (master builders 3057/8/9- I picked up the 'technics'
race'n'build one in roches for £14.95;
(this has 100 pieces the others have c 50)
Originally didn't think much of the others (busy city & the mars mission -
space one that you have)
Changed my mind at the weekend (what a weekend  :) ) and got the space one
for Alex for Xmas
(in Eason's in the Square at a lonely looking cardboard display at the top
of an escalator - cost me £17.50 or so!)
They have all three sets there.
The city one is too heavy on the 'builder dudes' so I thought it might not
suit her.
As for myself, I'd have got the three but I have yet to 'come out'  at home;
I've some explaining to do yet.
Best about these sets is thae kids haven't even seen the pictures, so
they'll be nice surprises.

As usual can't comment until after Xmas - just hopes that the boxes are
useful the kids for 'personal' lego storage.
Picked up a book too - a laminated 'creator' based thingy for £6.70 - not
sure if it was worth it as I know
a lot of the pieces listed we don't have - But it might be handy to help the
young chap learn to read.

also the new pc games are around the place.. the castle one comes
with a free book .. in the games store on dawson street (dublin)

Recently picked up the DK 'Ultimate Lego' book - which is really excellent.
Only I think so, so far - I lent it to my sister to try and encourage her.

What are these like - we tried orinally lego island - but that was really
unplayable.
And some of TLC (i'm learnin!) offerings on CD with the technics sets are
dreadful.
So I'm wary.
OTOH, I have the demo of lego racers and santa is bringing the real one -
(this is now £20 in ELC Henry street)
We love racers - and as an old pc game player I think its great. Kids
favourite of anything they've played yet.
Look forward to the multi-player rows at Xmas!
I believe racers 2 is out next year.

Ronan