 Local / France / *530 (-5)
Subject:
Orléans Model Train Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.fr, lugnet.org.fr.freelug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2006 10:24:45 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi,

Here follows a short report about FreeLUG participation in Orléans Model Train
Show.

(Les francophones pourront bientôt lire un compte rendu détaillé en français sur
http://www.freelug.org)

<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/dickydidier/Orleans2006/stand1.jpg>

The show occured in Orléans, France. 8900 visitors came to see various scale
Train Layout.

<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/pascalbreard/LeGnome/Orleans2006/Orleans3/dsc_9815.jpg>

For the second time, FreeLUG has exhibited a LEGO Train layout with the help of
14 members.

<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/NicolasHuyard/Orleans2006/groupe_small.jpg>

The layout, 28 meters long, was, thank to Philippe Label, fully equipped with
DCC (digital command).

<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/dickydidier/Orleans2006/p2050080.jpg>
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/dickydidier/Orleans2006/p2050082.jpg>

and as always, we have all enjoyed a great time of fun :

<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/pascalbreard/LeGnome/Orleans2006/Orleans3/dsc_9573.jpg>

BS Gallery : <http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=215363>

Some videos : <http://photos.freelug.org/main.php/v/6studs/orleans2006/videos/>

Regards,

Didier Enjary

Subject:
LEGO®WORLD 2006, the Netherlands
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.loc.fr, lugnet.loc.it, lugnet.loc.eu
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2006 15:50:25 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Dear LEGO fans,

From October 19 to 24, LEGO®WORLD will be held in Zwolle, The Netherlands.
During the past years it has become on of the largest LEGO events around the
world, with in 2005 over 48,000 visitors. It has become such an success as a
result of the large efforts by De Bouwsteen, the Dutch LEGO Users Group, its
members and last but not least many LEGO fans from abroad. These participants
show the possibilities of LEGO and are as such an inspiration for the visitors
of this event. The success has been created by you.

The event, with a floor area over 20,000 square meters, shows a large range of
LEGO products, from Duplo to Mindstorms. Not only current product line is shown
and demonstrated, but also many AFOLs show their collections of older LEGO
and/or their MOCs. In addition there are LEGO building contests, LEGO movies are
shown and much other entertainment for the whole family.

You can find impressions of LEGO®WORLD 2005 in Brickjournal Issues 3 and 4. If
you would like to get more information on participating in LEGO®WORLD 2006 or as
visitor, you can find more information on www.debouwsteen.com, or contact either
me: sybrandbonsma@hotmail.com or Paul Wolters: paul.wolters@debouwsteen.com.

FreeLUG : Summer AFOLs Days 2006
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.loc.pt, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.it, lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.loc.fr, lugnet.loc.be
Date:
Mon, 3 Jul 2006 20:38:45 GMT

Summer is now on and if you are on holidays around the 14th/16th of July, FreeLUG is organising its 4th Summer AFOLs Days close to Toulouse at Ayguesvives, south of France.

You’ll find much more details on the event on the following article on FreeLUG website:

http://www.freelug.org/article.php3?id_article=514 (in english)

http://www.freelug.org/article.php3?id_article=508 (en français)

If you do come, bring anything you want to show/share with other or just bring yourself and your digital camera.

Hope to see you in Toulouse !!

Erik “brickerik” Amzallag, FreeLUG member, For the event team.

Subject:
French Sybic BB26000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.fr
Date:
Tue, 23 May 2006 09:18:55 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hi all,

Another fairly quick build: a French Sybic. The train is bley but unfortunately the hinges don’t exist in bley so hopefully grey would work in this situation. It can be made IR compatible.

BS

Comments and crits appreciated.

Tim

Subject:
Quality problem issue
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.fr, lugnet.org.fr.freelug, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2006 11:22:25 GMT

Hi,

Today I've received three Santa Fe engines.

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/10020

Two of them were filled with some pieces of paperboard and five creator-like
bags (standard multicolored bricks).

The pieces of paperboard was clearly there to fix the bags. This let me think it
was intentional and I think TLC is facing to some employee indelicacy.

I called ShopAtHome - they are aware of the problem (they received internal mail
that some sets contains irregular objects).

I have no more informations. I'll post some pictures (as soon as I'll be able to
make them - probably on monday).

The two wrong boxes are lighter than the correct one.

I guess this problem don't affect North America but only Europe/Australia.
I guess this problem affect only the santa fe engine boxes.

Didier

PS : this message is not intended to hurt, it has nothing to do with greys or 9V
trains, but only intended to inform and share personal experience.

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact