 Local / European Union / 51
Re: EuroFest Currency?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.eu
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 22:25:05 GMT

On Sun, 19 Dec 1999 20:28:45 GMT, "Carbon 60" <carbon60@bigfoot.com>
wrote:

Although it was an unintentional pun it still reminds me of a good point.  Many
of the buy-sell-trades at a LEGOFest involve a bit of cash changing hands -
what currency could you do that in considering Euros don't exist in the UK and
only exist electronically in Europe, no notes or coins - just cheques and
credit cards.

If you're going to hold it in the UK, standardize on pounds. I don't
think if you come to a country you can assume they'll accept your
currency. Setting up shop near a Bank, Change-booth, or ATM may be a
good idea, though ;)

Jasper