 Local / Canada / Quebec / 16
15  |  17
Subject:
Ottawa LUG? (was Re: Football bus found in TRU)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.loc.ca.qc
Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 17:11:51 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, Ka-On Lee writes:

I would be interested but I am no organizer for anything like that.  And there
may be too few AFOL in Ottawa to make it happens.  May be we need some way to
make Lugnet more visable in Ottawa.  I see the RIS in Bay all gone quickly • when
they have 20% off so there must be some AFOL out there.  Even the Toronto • group
making thing seem to be stalled at the moment.  If they can't make it in the
big city I dobut it can happen here soon.

I think Shiri is right in her reply to my questions about starting a LUG
<http://www.lugnet.com/org/?n=247&t=f&v=a> when she says 2 can be a group.

I believe it can happen, even if it is small at first then we can let it grow
on its own. There is no way I would expect 100 people to show but if we get a
handful to start maybe we can do something for exposure to the other AFOL's out
there. (Perhaps at Playvalue or another retailer, free promo for Lego for them)
As far as organizing, I am willing to help things get going and then we can go
from there.

My biggest problem is location. I am between apartments for now and probably
will not have my new place set up for another two months. Maybe we could setup
a meeting soon at a restaurant for whoever wants to come without models just to
talk and see what we have to start with.

With my past experience in starting groups in churches, I know it is a fatal
mistake to set your hopes for size too high, because you will almost always be
disappointed. So it will be a who ever wants to come.

In the mean time we can workout what our mandate is and what guidelines we want
to have (i.e. ages, bilingual, etc...)

So anybody else out there who may be interested speak up. This will also be
open to anyone on the otherside of the river who wants to come. And anybody who
can get to the city on their own.

FUT lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott

Jude

Now there are two...