 Local / Canada / Ontario / Toronto / 229
Re: \\\BrickWarz this Summer///
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 06:32:50 GMT

  I've taken the liberty to compile a few Lego combat ‘Brick Wars’ sites to
inform others of the process involved. However, the rules aren’t paramount,
their merely a guide line to ensure a smooth flow of game play.

Personally, I'd rather the game be fun and spontaneous. And not solely about
rules and regulations. Therefore, I've listed the links according to their
value of use… the top being the most useful, the bottom being just
incredibly long.

http://www.lugnet.com/fun/gaming/~11/legowars
(Created by fellow Canadian James Brown)

http://www.brikwars.com/
(Good but complex cause it mirrors Warhammer ® so much)

http://members.home.net/plastichammer/
(Well written)

http://gabriel.cncfamily.com/Cwars.html
(real long, but quite inclusive)

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Capsule/9142/lego.html
(Magical aspect of Brickwars)

Would it be reasonable to start with a small 30-man army each? There’d
probably be about three to four people involved and this could be discussed
in-person @ T2. Since this is a trial run, we could just start with a flat
game play surface. Albeit, I could provide a few pieces of terrain or
background scenery to provide a greater sense of mood.

I'm wondering would more people partake in the slaughter and butchery of ABS
if the game weren’t a medieval Brick Wars? If we were to undertake a ‘Mad
Max’ sorta future apocalyptic scenario, would all those who collect Space
and Star Wars endeavor to join?  Its always more fun to play en mass!

Thanks for respondin’ Benjamin!
I was a bit worried that no one would respond!
(No interest was shown seven months ago.)
http://news.lugnet.com/loc/ca/on/tor/?n=201
(or even one year ago.)
http://news.lugnet.com/loc/ca/on/tor/?n=115
But mayhap this time the undertaking will proceed.

Jeff’s first attempt looked real good, but with more people the game could
be real great!
http://news.lugnet.com/build/arch/?n=172

             Sincerely,
                           --==Richard==--

        You can reach me  @
Shroud_of_Kung_Fu@Hotmail.com

.                                                     -Lego good, Canada great-®