 Local / Canada / Ontario / 553 (-20)
  I built something...

And it is big... (URL) built it for Shiptember. I really haven't built anything for a 'competition' since rtl stopped having robot competitions many moons ago... I had thought of building something at a larger scale that would complement my space (...) (11 years ago, 2-Oct-13, to lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  I built something...

And it is big... (URL) built it for Shiptember. I really haven't built anything for a 'competition' since rtl stopped having robot competitions many moons ago... I had thought of building something at a larger scale that would complement my space (...) (11 years ago, 2-Oct-13, to lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Brickfete 2013!

This is a call out to all AFOL, LEGO collectors, builders, hobbyists, enthusiasts within walking, driving or flying distance of Toronto, Canada. The Brickfête Team would love to see you this summer for our annual LEGO Fan Convention. Join us for (...) (11 years ago, 14-May-13, to lugnet.events, lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto) !!

  A wonderful show was had by all--Many thanks to the builders in OBB!

A huge thanks to the people who showed up this weekend for the 2012 Christmas Toy, Train and Doll Show! We, as usual, put on a fantastic display for the viewing masses! I uploaded pics to my Flickr account-- (URL) to Jeff, Kevin, Derek, Janey, (...) (12 years ago, 19-Nov-12, to lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  No November WHaCKoLUG

Here is just a reminder that there is NO WHaCKoLUG dinner this month, due to the train show. WHaCKoLUG will return, third Sunday in December, and our holiday potluck will be in Jan. 2013. Cheers Janey Red Brick (12 years ago, 15-Nov-12, to lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Christmas Train Show November 18th, 2012

Hello World! I know with weather and other events going on right now, the last thought on anyone's mind is THE CHRISTMAS TRAIN SHOW!!! :):):)... But it's just around the corner!! Yes, it's time again for us to hang out, to talk about all things (...) (12 years ago, 29-Oct-12, to lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Christmas Train Show November 18th, 2012

Hello all enthusiastic OBB peeps! It is that time, once again, to descend onto the GTA right before Christmas and display our stuff!! There has been a little confusion regarding the date(s) of the event. Well, I went right to the source (Doug) and (...) (12 years ago, 26-Jul-12, to lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Pictures from BrickFete 2012

Not too many, but my wife and I took some pics from the show! Have a boo! (URL) care, Dave K (12 years ago, 19-Jul-12, to lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  'Lights Out' video from brickFete

I threw together a little vid from the 'lights out' portion of Brickfete 2012-- (URL) going to try to get otehr vids/pics up later, but truth be told, I didn't take that many this time :( Take care Dave K (12 years ago, 16-Jul-12, to lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  BrickFete 2012 THIS WEEKEND!!!!!

K, for some of us it's tomorrow... We'd love to see you this weekend! If you're anywhere near Toronto, come on by the Hilton across the street from the airport-- BrickFete 2012 July 14th and July 15th, 2012 Hilton, Airport Road, Toronto. 10,000 (...) (12 years ago, 11-Jul-12, to lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  7th Wonder... Errrr Discovery Center - Opening in Ontario, Canada

Well, just as we knew, but LEGO "would neither confirm or deny"... The star brings us the latest and greatest news for our little province.. (URL) if you are too lazy to click, I "cut and pasted" from the May 24 Article... Canada’s first Legoland (...) (12 years ago, 25-May-12, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  CS Engineering bay (mostly) complete

Hello everyone! After 2+ years in teh making, and various broken promises that "it'll be done for the next show! Honest!!!", the Classic Space Engineering Bay is ready for public display! YouTube vid-- (URL) Pics-- (URL) started off as just a proof (...) (12 years ago, 4-Apr-12, to lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  CAD Animation of OBB Classic Space Layout...

'cause I don't have enuf to keep me occupied, I decided to throw some animation in the virtual space layout-- (URL) latest iteration-- (URL) all movement, including the camera view, are hard-coded (x,y,z co-ordinates) into POV-Ray and then rendered (...) (12 years ago, 13-Mar-12, to lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto) !

  Please join us, for Brickfete 2012 - Mark your calendars!!!

Ladies and Gentlemen, builders of all ages... Mark your calendars for (URL) Brickfête 2012!!!> AFOL Convention starts Thursday, July 12th to Sunday, July 15st Public Exhibition on Sat, July 14th and Sunday, July 15th Located at the Hilton on Airport (...) (12 years ago, 5-Jan-12, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, FTX)

  Re: Anyone got lots of discolour white bricks?

Tis the season for not enough sleep - not looking for lost bricks - more 'lots' of bricks!! (12 years ago, 21-Dec-11, to lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Anyone got lost of discolour white bricks?

We are starting to work on my next big build, which is a full scale hockey rink, hopefully followed by the stands/building to go around it, but who knows. I started with some discoloured white brick we have, and realized quickly I don't have enough (...) (12 years ago, 21-Dec-11, to lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: A Call for Open Communication

I second being up for an open and frank discussion. I can not speak for rtl, but I can speak for OBB, and I can say without a doubt, we have always wanted every theme and skill level represented and included in any public displays we have done. If (...) (12 years ago, 14-Dec-11, to lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  A Call for Open Communication

Hello to the Greater Toronto Area and environs... There has been some consternation recently regarding LUGs for the GTA. I wasn't privy to any 'behind the scenes' discussion or knew of a need for a new LUG until someone forwarded the announcement to (...) (12 years ago, 14-Dec-11, to lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  2011 Christmas Toy, Tain and Doll Show wrap up

So... Haven't quite caught up on my sleep, but that's okay! It was a great show! (see some pics here--(URL) I really need to thank everyone who showed up! You guys made the display fantastic! I heard so many great things from the visitors and the (...) (13 years ago, 21-Nov-11, to lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  2011 Christmas Train Show November 19th and 20th

(A little late...) Hello everyone! It's that time again when I procrastinated just a little too much regarding my responsibilities to all of you in the LEGO building world!! For that, I apologize. The good bit is that I just got off the phone with (...) (13 years ago, 24-Oct-11, to lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact