 Local / Canada / Ontario / 396
Re: Train layout ideas for future Ontario/Canada train shows
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.on
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2006 19:18:17 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca.on, C. L. GunningCook wrote:

   And for what its worth, I like going with the “Can-Brick” or “CLBA” - Canadian LEGO Brick Association. Although since there are active lugs in other provinces... maybe “OLBA” (you can even say it as a word, giggle) Ontario Lego Brick Association would be better. In fact I would even like to make up official train container cars once we decide, if that is permissible to you.

CanBrick should not be taken by a single area club, IMO. (Victoria speaks up!)

   One final thought for now... I like the addition to adding the curved modules... but I do think if we go that route, we need one sole person responsible for both mods, therefore if they dont show, we can go with the straight route.

Not too important, as long as it is known in advance that the module is not going to show up. It is perfectly possible to have a L shaped layout. Not sure if any of you will remember seeing St Albans, a finescale OO layout, but it reguarly showed as a L shape, even though now it is U shaped. (I think it was easier to run as a L than a U, because I kept running into the other operator...). The other thing is that if the baseplate level is used as 0, then it will be easy enough to cobble together a curve module, literally on the fly. (PNLTC stylin’)

James Powell