 Local / Canada / Ontario / 393
Re: Train layout ideas for future Ontario/Canada train shows
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.on
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2006 17:51:42 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca.on, C. L. GunningCook wrote:
In lugnet.loc.ca, David Koudys wrote:

Let me know what you think!

Im in, and already building, will keep you posted with how many modules long
it grows.  Thanks Dave.

And for what its worth, I like going with the "Can-Brick" or
"CLBA" - Canadian LEGO Brick Association. Although since there are active
lugs in other provinces... maybe "OLBA" (you can even say it as a word,
giggle) Ontario Lego Brick Association would be better. In fact I would even
like to make up official train container cars once we decide, if that is
permissible to you.

That's a fantastic idea!

I was also thinking of 'CLBBA' (or Canadian LEGO Brick Builders Association--now
the 'Ontario LEGO Brick Builders Association' (OLBBA) or, dropping the LEGO in
case Dave! decides to show up (the Mega Blok builder that he is...)--OBBA, or
soon-to-be my personal favourite--All LEGO Brick Association, and if Janey's a
member, she'd be J. Alba...

Nevermind...

Anyway, train containers = good!

Also as I said to you earlier in an email...

"I would prefer that any elevation is contained within
someone's own contribution, and ends and starts with
baseplate level, since often its difficult to match
terrains when we can't do a trial run.
Also if someone cant attend (as you suggested) there
are no issues neighbouring up to someone else."

Perfectly agreed.

One final thought for now... I like the addition to adding the curved
modules... but I do think if we go that route, we need one sole person
responsible for both mods, therefore if they dont show, we can go with the
straight route.

Also a good idea.

Janey "Red-Brick"

Dave K