 Local / Canada / Ontario / 345
Re: Where do we go from here...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on
Date:
Wed, 14 Sep 2005 00:06:57 GMT

Allan Bedford wrote:
Derek, are you going to leave me in suspense until November?

Seriously, are you really building this?  :)

Inquiring (and mostly warped) minds want to know.

If this is the case, it would be interesting to build something like
this for Hobby Show.  I expect I'd do a facade rather then the whole
thing.  Possibly make working doors.

I still think it's a neat idea.  And there's nothing wrong with a facade.

Does your's stand up, or does it lie down for display?

I'm building it horizontal, so that:

a) It won't run the risk of falling (a la my CN Tower)

b) I can build more detail into the top and bottom of each stage, including the
engines.

What scale is
it?

I haven't finished crunching all the numbers yet, but it'll be roughly 1:45

If I am seriously going to do this I'll need to do a feasibility
study. :-)

Maybe you can bring in a co-op student to draw up some blueprints for you.  :)

AB