 Local / Canada / Ontario / 244
Re: Hobby Show Nov 5-7 in Toronto, Ontario
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.on
Date:
Sat, 21 Aug 2004 04:23:41 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca.on, David Koudys wrote:
Hi all,

Hope I'm not stealing any of Allan B's thunder, but he and I talked and he asked
me to help organize the attendance and the displays.  So here I am.

So with much further ado, the Hobby Show at the Convention Center in Toronto,
Ontario is just around the corner--Nov 5, 6 and 7th!  See the official Hobby
website here--

http://www.thehobbyshow.com/

Show Hours for 2004
Fri Nov 5       12 PM - 9 PM
Sat Nov 6       10 AM - 8 PM
Sun Nov 7       10 AM - 6 PM

Directions to the convention center are right on the Hobby Show site!

Not wanting to leave things to the last minute (unusual for me :) )--if you are
thinking about attending, could you please e-mail me, or reply in this thread,
letting me know how much space you need to display your creations and the times
and/or days you'll be at the show.  I won't hold you to it, but it'd be nice to
have a tentative schedule of attendees.

If you need help lugging stuff in or setting stuff up, I plan on being at the
show all 3 days.

If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact either myself
or Allan.

I set the follow-ups to post only in loc.ca.on--thought that was most
appropriate.

Take care,

Dave K

I am in, and I believe for all three days (I will confirm in a few weeks). I
plan on bringing what I brought to BrickFest (my large Mountie, Sponge Bob, a
few buildings, some large scale bricks, my street car (TTC) some of my micros,
and my stained glass mosaic) plus my minifig Mounties, and my Aussie 8 wide
Tram. I'm not sure what else.  Most of this is smallish, and can be pulled up
when other ppl take their mocs home if they don't plan on staying for all 3
days, and stored when others are there to display.

I have an idea, which I pinched..... I am wondering if we could set up a small
oval/circle set up of track, and run a train so kids could have a play with it.
I have no idea how much space we are allowed to have, but if you are willing to
take a table or half a table to do that, I'm more then willing to be responsible
for bringing the stuff to set that up.  I can bring my Thomas the Tank engine
and Shinning Time Station for that table and let the kids have some fun, I have
no issues with the kids "playing" with my MOCS.

Looking forward to it,
Janey "Red Brick"