 Local / Canada / Ontario / 134
133  |  135
Subject:
[rtlToronto] rtlToronto10 a week away
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca.on
Date:
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 05:03:25 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

        rtlToronto10: Project X Lego Robotics Event
        Saturday, February 23rd, 2002
        10AM Competitors / 1PM  Audience
        Lillian H Smith Branch, Toronto Public Library
        239 College Street, Toronto
        (W of St George, E of Spadina)

Hi folks,

        We're little more than a week away from rtlToronto10, the most
complex Lego robotics design competition ever staged.  So far, more than
twelve competitors have registered to bring their implementation of
Project X: A robot that can take a random set of Lego blocks and put
them into an X pattern, in the least possible time with the most accuracy.

        Project X is literally building an industrial robot out of
Lego-doing a task that could be representative of a real robot out in a
factory welding parts, picking up medical samples, or placing microchips.

        We hope to see you there next Saturday, it'll be honestly the most
Lego robotics (and the least figure skating* judging corruption) you can
find in Canada.

        Find out more, including maps:

        http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/lego-022302-rules.html

Chris Magno
Calum Tsang
rtlToronto Event Organizers
*-note, we didn't say robot judging corruption, just figure skaing... :)