 Local / Canada / Alberta / 30
    Model train show —Johan Piera
   We were in the Calgary super model train show today and was glad to see two families put up lego trains in the show. In fact, one family ,Shawn Nilles(?) won the runner up display for the train show. Although the lego trains lack creativity, ie , (...) (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.loc.ca.ab)

        Re: Model train show —Benjamin Medinets
     (...) nice...got any pictures to post about your involvement? those would be nice. Benjamin Medinets (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.loc.ca.ab)

        Re: Model train show —Adam Murtha
   I'm really interested in who you that the Edmonton group "will not part with them" because that is not the case. There was a lengthy discussion within NALUG and with the organizers of Supertrain about the involvment of NALUG. Long story short, it (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.loc.ca.ab)

        Re: Model train show —Johan Piera
   We weren't sure what you mean by your opening comments. In all fairness, we do not mean to be negative in accusing Edmonton group. But we just want to find out why. And more importantly, how can we make the lego available next year in the train show (...) (23 years ago, 21-Feb-02, to lugnet.loc.ca.ab)

        Re: Model train show —Adam Murtha
   Alright, I will address each question in turn: (...) I did not intend to imply that you were accusing NALUG of anything, I was curious because of the interactions between NALUG and Supertrain organizers, that the Supertrain people were clear that (...) (23 years ago, 21-Feb-02, to lugnet.loc.ca.ab)

        Re: Model train show —John Koob
   (...) Correct. The play area Lego donated to NALUG first appeared at Supertrain 2001, and then at GETS 2001. It is still available for play areas at future train shows. (...) As many as we can. Most NALUG members had other commitments and the (...) (23 years ago, 21-Feb-02, to lugnet.loc.ca.ab)

        Re: Model train show —Johan Piera
   Thanks for John and Adam for your comments. Again, we sincerely hope that lego play area will be available next year in Calgary. If NALUG can be there also, displaying those wonderful trains and bridges and buildings again , that would be a great (...) (23 years ago, 22-Feb-02, to lugnet.loc.ca.ab)