 Local / Canada / Alberta / 35
Re: Model train show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.ab
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 08:23:16 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca.ab, Adam Murtha writes:
In lugnet.loc.ca.ab, Johan Piera writes:
First of all, the question is where do those lego available in the play area
last year come from ? Do NALUG pay for it?  Our assumption is that Lego
canada sends them to NALUG.  If this is a wrong assumption and NALUG member
actully pays for them, then please disregard the rest of our comments.

The Lego was donated to NALUG from Lego for the purpose of the play area of
train displays, as far as I know.

Correct.  The play area Lego donated to NALUG first appeared at
Supertrain 2001, and then at GETS 2001.  It is still available for
play areas at future train shows.

How many train show can NALUG member attend in a year?

As many as we can.  Most NALUG members had other commitments
and the distance required for transportation of the layout was
a factor.  The decision was made that we could not attend
Supertrain 2002.

What
about the two families proudly displayed their lego in the train show while
we were told before the show that no lego train would be there.

NALUG informed Supertrain organizers that no NALUG layout would
be there.  This was not meant to imply that no other individual or
group would not be setting up a Lego display.

We are here to promote lego, not to make it diffcult.  Prehaps the newly
formed SALUG can do something about it ?

SALUG is still in it's infancy, but I hope we will be ready to contribute to
the next year's Supertrain, as well as NALUG.

I hope, but can't promise, that NALUG will be able to attend Supertrain
next year and help SALUG so that a play area will be possible.  NALUG
members (including myself) were at Supertrain 2001 and we are grateful
for the help and hospitality offered by show organizers.

John