 Local / Canada / Alberta / 33
Re: Model train show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.ab
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 03:26:40 GMT

We weren't sure what you mean by your opening comments.  In all fairness, we
do not mean to be negative in accusing Edmonton group.  But we just want to
find out why.  And more importantly, how can we make the lego available next
year in the train show so that children like my family will have much more
fun in the train show.  Afterall, we have been the train show everyyear and
having lego there has lot more fun.  Also, it definitely promotes lego train
more than anything.

First of all, the question is where do those lego available in the play area
last year come from ? Do NALUG pay for it?  Our assumption is that Lego
canada sends them to NALUG.  If this is a wrong assumption and NALUG member
actully pays for them, then please disregard the rest of our comments.

Assuming it is true that Lego Canada contributes them, is this fair to say
that because NALUG was not going to be there and therefore, lego playarea is
not available?  How many train show can NALUG member attend in a year? What
about the two families proudly displayed their lego in the train show while
we were told before the show that no lego train would be there.

We are here to promote lego, not to make it diffcult.  Prehaps the newly
formed SALUG can do something about it ?

p.s. We have checked the lugnet site quite often, but has yet to see any
"lengthy discussion within NALUG" mentioned about the supertrain show.

In lugnet.loc.ca.ab, Adam Murtha writes:
I'm really interested in who you that the Edmonton group "will not part with
them" because that is not the case.  There was a lengthy discussion within
NALUG and with the organizers of Supertrain about the involvment of NALUG.
Long story short, it was decided that since NALUG was not able to do a Lego
train display for the show, that there was not going to a Lego play area,
which is the property of NALUG.

~Adam

In lugnet.loc.ca.ab, Johan Piera writes:
We were in the Calgary super model train show today and was glad to see two
families put up lego trains in the show.  In fact, one family ,Shawn
Nilles(?) won the runner up display for the train show.  Although the lego
trains lack creativity, ie , all are assembled per lego instructions,  they
were very well displayed and lots of works went in it.  It was probably one
of the busiest display.  However, it was disappointing that there was no
lego play area for the kids.  It was such a hit last year that we were all
looking forward for it.  Rumors are that Edmonton lego group has those lego
and will not part with them.  We are sure that there are lots of other
reasons, would anyone from the Edmonton group know anything about it?