 Local / Canada / 961
Re: Holiday in US / Canada
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 16:25:43 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca, Ross Crawford writes:
Hi all

I'm planning a bit of a holiday in US / Canada from end of April to beginning
of June. I'll only be a few days on west coast of US, and was thinking of then
heading up to BC, and making my way across to Ontario, by rail if possible.

Planning on attending Todd & Suz's wedding? :)

I was just wondering if anyone has any "must see" places, as well as
suggestions for places to stop along the way?

Yes.  Spend some time in the Rocky mountains.  Doesn't much matter where -
they're all beautiful country.  If you're polling for specifics, I'd say
visit Jasper & Maligne Canyon.  I'm not sure if it's your bag or not, but
there's dozens of hiking trails in & around Banff & Jasper, and if you enjoy
that kind of thing, you could easily lose a week or two, and never take the
same trail twice.

Also, check in with your countryman Kevin Hall... he was through here last
year, and probably has some good ideas about where to go/what to do...

What's accomodation like across Canada? I don't usually bother to book ahead -
just rely on being able to find somewhere to sleep when I get there 8?) but is
that a good policy in Canada?

If you're generally sticking to large cities, you'll be fine doing that.

And is there any interesting Lego things happening in May that I should try &
get to?

Not that I'm particularly aware of, at least not around the Edmonton area,
but if you are coming through here, get in touch.... I'm always interested
in meeting new Lego people, and I'm sure NALUG could arrange a get-together
or something. :)

James
HTH (Hope that...oh wait, you hate that acronym/spelling out combo.  Never
mind. <grin>)