 Local / Canada / 796
Re: Cheap small Studios sets at Zellers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.year.2001
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 16:06:36 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca, Kevin Zwicker writes:
In lugnet.loc.ca, Bradley Dale writes:
Does anyone now more about this? Cameraman is listed as $4 USD.  I
am certain that I have seen it for $2.99 CDN at Zellers.

It is 2.99cnd at Zellers. I expect it will stay that way.

Stuntman Catapult is also listed as $4 USD.  It's $3.49 CDN at
Zellers.

Actually, it started out at 3.49$. Last week when I came to buy another at
that price, Zellers had boosted the price to 4.99$. It will probably remain
4.99. (Unfortunately :-( )

These prices are about half of the expected Canadian price.  Is
Zellers going to catch on and change it?  Should I buy the 1356 and get a • cheap
director minifig now?  It doesn't look like a great set, but the clipboard
looks cool.  And a black cap!  I still don't have one of those!  I've wanted
one for years.

   I bought a Cameraman at Wal-Mart in London, ON for Can$2.77.  I got
   one at Zellers for Can$2.54.  They had a ton--this was Monday, 18 Dec.
   Zellers in Windsor, ON also has a 15% off LEGO sale posted.

   best

   Lindsay