 Local / Canada / 726
Re: Canadians get Nailed again...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 23:34:00 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca, Dean Husby writes:
My VISA bill arrived today. My Lego order was quite respectable in terms
of total dollar amount. I was charged 1.5897% in exchange... I think I
can safely say that was my LAST order that I will be using a Credit Card
on. Lego's Exchange rate is 1.43 if you use a cheque.

LEGO, if you read this channel, your going to lose MY orders for
everything I can EVER buy at a store. And you can be sure I'll be
thinking twice about an order as it is. Wait 9 days for them to get your
cheque order etc... Also with aprox $9 CDN dollars shipping minimum,
horrific exchange and quite the wait for an order are pretty good
reasons to not purchase from S@H.

I posted this message to hopefully help some other Canadians avoid the
Financial shock that awaited me in my mail box...

Dean
--
Coin-Op's For Sale!: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/coin-op.html
Dean's Lego Workshop: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/lego_wr.html

Do you call S@H canadian office or US office?

Myself I always call the US office, credit card is charge in US dollards and
visa charge a resonable exchange rate.

for the minimum shipping charge I have the 2.50$ (memory not sure)not the 9$Can

I suggest you to contact S@H US office

Martin