 Local / Canada / 481
480  |  482
Subject:
Big Star Wars sets in Toronto
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor, lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 03:21:13 GMT

I've heard a few people muttering about not being able to locate the newer Star
Wars sets in Canada and/or Toronto, so I thought I'd post an update:

So far, I've found the MTT, the AAT, the Falcon, the UCS X-Wing and the UCS Tie
Interceptor here.  All but the X-Wing I got at the Yonge St. & Queen-ish
Toys-R-Us; the X-wing was at Toys Toys Toys in the same area.

The UCS sets have a shelf life of about 4 hours, so you have to be a bit on the
ball to get one, but I and a friend each have one now, so it can be done.

As for the sets - I really enjoyed the MTT, and it's great for parts, too.  The
AAT was OK.  The Falcon - well, it was interesting, but a little disappointing;
just too many corners cut, and of any of the SW ships, I know its layout best.

The UCS Tie is very nice; the UCS X-Wing is stunning.  And a very big set.
Meaty.  MMMmmmm.

Anyhoo,
Jeff