 Local / Canada / Ontario / Toronto / 149
Re: Big Star Wars sets in Toronto/3440 Hands
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor, lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Sun, 2 Jul 2000 15:07:26 GMT

I got my UCS X-Wing at Toys, Toys, Toys in the Eatons Centre on Friday
lunchtime.  There were still a couple left.  You will have to look up for them
and ask for assistance...they are on the top shelf, near the ceiling.

As for the minifig screw up...My 3440 also had black hands for the Emperor.  I
called S@H and they told me that the "packaging is in error" (i.e. Palpatine
should indeed have black hands(, but they would send me a torso with yellow
hands if I like.  I said yes and even requested the torso be white...no
problem! (white for my LUGNET membership torso decals which I hope to receive
soon).  My guess is LEGO is trying to cover up the mistake with Palpatines
hands.  To say the packagin is an error is weird.  Palpatine should have
yellow hands.  THis is the kind of detail I know LEGO pays attention too
(remember the one hand yellow/one hand black on the Jedi Luke?)

...Mike Jorgensen
In lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor, Jeff Elliott writes:
I've heard a few people muttering about not being able to locate the newer • Star
Wars sets in Canada and/or Toronto, so I thought I'd post an update:

So far, I've found the MTT, the AAT, the Falcon, the UCS X-Wing and the UCS • Tie
Interceptor here.  All but the X-Wing I got at the Yonge St. & Queen-ish
Toys-R-Us; the X-wing was at Toys Toys Toys in the same area.

The UCS sets have a shelf life of about 4 hours, so you have to be a bit on • the
ball to get one, but I and a friend each have one now, so it can be done.

As for the sets - I really enjoyed the MTT, and it's great for parts, too. • The
AAT was OK.  The Falcon - well, it was interesting, but a little • disappointing;
just too many corners cut, and of any of the SW ships, I know its layout best.

The UCS Tie is very nice; the UCS X-Wing is stunning.  And a very big set.
Meaty.  MMMmmmm.

Anyhoo,
Jeff