 Local / Canada / 317
Re: Goodbye Basic Buckets in Canada
Newsgroups:
lugnet.basic, lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 17:50:48 GMT

In lugnet.basic, Erin Windross writes:
I don't know if this is new or not....but...

Today, my mom and I were shopping around for the Basic Buckets (400pc, 1000pc)
we looked in ALL the stores that carry Lego and none of them had Basic
Buckets!! So my mom asked this one sales lady to were they had all gone, she
took out the Lego Retailers catalouge and looked through it, and to my shock
and dismay I found out that Basic Buckets will NOT be availiable to Canadians
(or at least to British Columbians) anymore!!!!!! <sigh> Looks like Seaborn
Brick may not be getting a funnel or lifeboats. Please oh please let Bulk
Ordering happen soon!

I'm not sure about this...swung by the local TRU's last night, and all of them
have restocked the classic buckets, classic boxes, and 1200 piece tubs in the
post-Christmas stock recovery.  This isn't a 'pull from the back' either,
they're all shiny new, and at least 10 units of each.

Any other Canucks have info on this?

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/

(cross-posted to loc.ca)