 Local / Canada / 2185
2184  |  2186
Subject:
S@H summer 2006 catalogue out
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2006 12:47:52 GMT

Well, I have to admit I found a few things to not be happy with about the
new catalogue.  Ignoring that we are getting hosed with the exchange rate,
some of the unpleasant surprises are:

-baseplates of all sorts are up in price.  626 green 32x32 is $7.99 (was
$6.99).  628 bley 48x48 is $14.99 (was $12.99).  The roadplates (7280 and
7281) went to $11.99 from $5.99. Old prices from January catalogue.

-train motors are still $34.99 in Canada after the US has been getting
them for $19.99 US.

-shipping prices have gone through the roof.  Rates higher for purchases
of $75 or more.  There is now no large incentive to place a big order.
The cheapest shipping gets (at over $500) is 5% of your order.  I'm hoping
they will do a shipping deal for Christmas again this year.

-LEGO is charging 7% GST, or 15% HST!  Don't know if they changed their
online system or not, but watch out for it is you order in the near
future.

One slightly better bit is the train motors and 9V track is in with the
bulk stuff, so you can get up to 15% off.  However this looks like they
are getting rid of it.

New sets shown include the new trains, NXT, one new Viking set, Batman,
SW, castle, fridge magnets, and a hugely overpriced pink bucket (190p for
$11.99).  I do really like the look of 4894 Mythical Creatures.

On a different note, I was out to a Zellers yeasterday, and noticed a
couple of sets had been priced over suggested retail (one $36.97 rather
than $34.99).  Something to be aware of.

Gail Meagher