 Local / Canada / 1928
Re: Pick A Brick now in Canada
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 2004 13:04:34 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca, Jason Allemann wrote:
In lugnet.loc.ca, John Guerquin wrote:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Allan Bedford wrote:

<snip>

I picked up a small and a large bag of PAB last week.
I performed a simple test today:
- small bag fits about 28 2x4 bricks (tightly packed, but not stacked) for $6
- large bag fits about 26 2x4 bricks for $10

I assume you meant 46 2x4 bricks

Oops.... yeah, that's what I meant.... 28 2x4 small, 46 2x4 large bag

I'll say.  So (except for the shipping fees) even shop at home is a better deal
for some things.  That's a shame.  I was looking forward to loading up some 2x4s
on the cheap.

You're absolutely right Jason....
but I think the real value is in the colors that you can get:
- 2x4 and 1x4 medium blue bricks (not at Shop@Home)
- 2x2 trans red, blue, green bricks (not at Shop@Home)
- 2x2 UNIFORMLY COLOURED purple bricks
- other wierd colours

They're not as cheap as the old or new 1000-piece tubs on a $/piece ratio, but
46 2x4 bricks at $10 is so close to the S@H price of 50 2x4 for $10
(all canadian $$) - so if you figure in the impulse buy factor, and no shipping
costs, then the PAB is a slightly better deal IMHO...

Personally, I think even a small PAB is great - seems like bricks&blocks and/or
LEGO listened to our Canadian wishes, and I hope this PAB is a success so that
they expand it to Cookstown, and hopefully add more selection (technic, technic,
technic :))

Build well,

John