 Local / Canada / 1924
Re: Pick A Brick now in Canada
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 2004 02:34:23 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Allan Bedford wrote:

<snip>

Initially I figured I'd fill the larger bags, thinking that would be the best
deal.  But when I got there, it appeared (at least to my eyes) that the large
bags aren't really that much larger than the small ones.  I would guess no more
than 25% larger. (Maybe someone else has a better take on how much bigger they
really are.) But where the small bags cost $5.99 each (before tax) the large are
$9.99.  So I ended up filling two small bags.

I picked up a small and a large bag of PAB last week.
I performed a simple test today:
- small bag fits about 28 2x4 bricks (tightly packed, but not stacked) for $6
- large bag fits about 26 2x4 bricks for $10
(I did not test the "stacking not allowed" rule either)

So either way it works out to about 21 cents per 2x4 brick, in other words, it
seems that the "value" of the baggies is pretty close. I'm sure it would be a
little different with 1x4 or 2x2 bricks, but not by a significant amount.
Looks like LEGO and/or Bricks and Blocks did their homework :)

Now I'm waiting for technic pieces to start appearing, along with more smaller
pieces that can be used as "filler".... there's only so many 1x2 jumper plates
that one needs :)

build well

John