 Local / Canada / 1455
Re: Shifty, Coko found in Canada
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 13:34:24 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca, Richard Noeckel writes:

Just one more question...
What was the quality of the chrome cutlass(sword) and pistol?
(did it flake off after it was coupled into a minifig hand?)

Sorry for the delay - I hadn't even opened the bag until last night.
The quality is not equal to that of Lego, but it's not bad.  The weapons fit
almost as well as genuine parts into the hands of both the Shifty fig and a
Lego minifig, and the chrome didn't peel off.  Under close examination, you
can see where the chrome doesn't cover the injection points.  From a few feet
away, I would be fooled.

Also, the minifig appeared to be an excellent reproduction.
(with exception of the pattern choice on the torso)
But are there any additional anomalies we should be aware of?

Ummm... the fig has white hands, giving him a bit of a "Mickey Mouse"
character.  The yellow in the arms doesn't mathc the yellow in the head.
The printing is an obvoius duplication of a real minifig face, but up close
the gap in quality is glaring.

The green palm tree leaf is almost translucent.  The gold coins don't have a
hollow bottom - they're solid, and can't be attached to a stud.

The quality really isn't bad.  I think this is because Shifty made their moulds
out of real Lego elements.

Jeff J