 Local / Canada / 1277
Re: Canadian Tire
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Sat, 27 Oct 2001 23:22:39 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca, Bradley Dale writes:
In lugnet.loc.ca, Andrew Keeping writes:
On another note, I've found some good deals at Canadian Tire stores lately.
Several ones I've visited have been bringing out their old toy stock from • last
year and are clearing things (including Lego) at good prices.  I found the
A-wing fighter for $10, the Bulls attack for $29, the Research glider for
$3.99

Where are you, Andrew?  The one in Fenelon Falls, ON, last I checked, has no
LEGO at all.  The one in Lindsay has mostly old stock, but they raised the
prices!  Trade Federation AAT was an outrageous $34.99, as was
Royal Joust.  The A-Wing was full normal price, $18.99.  They had
the Mobile Outpost and All Terrain Trapper for $29.99 or
$34.99 each, which is a good deal but no better than last year.  I did find a
bunch of Royal Jousts misshelved as $18.99 sets, and bought one, but even then
it's nothing to be too excited about.

I found most of these bargains at the store in Hanover, ON.  Oddly they had the
Royal Joust set as well, but the price on it was $34.99!  The Cdn Tire in Mount
Forest, ON had a couple of the Arctic sets. They were only marked down about
25% off the original price.

and a whole backet full of the mini sets, left from 2 years ago, for $2 each.
I've also seen some of the arctic sets.  Prices vary from store to store
though.

Which mini-sets?  I found Ice Cream Stand last year, are there any
others?

There's also the Witch's fireplace (2872), Chief's totem (2845) and Bat lord
flyer (2848).

I've checked out a couple of other Cdn tire stores this past week and been
pretty disappointed with their Lego selections.  One store had nothing on the
shelves yet, and the other had a couple of Jack Stone sets, and an overpriced
Royal joust and the Soccer triple pack ($29.99).

Andrew