 Local / Canada / 1276
Re: Canadian Tire
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Sat, 27 Oct 2001 19:29:10 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca, Andrew Keeping writes:
On another note, I've found some good deals at Canadian Tire stores lately.
Several ones I've visited have been bringing out their old toy stock from last
year and are clearing things (including Lego) at good prices.  I found the
A-wing fighter for $10, the Bulls attack for $29, the Research glider for
$3.99

Where are you, Andrew?  The one in Fenelon Falls, ON, last I checked, has no
LEGO at all.  The one in Lindsay has mostly old stock, but they raised the
prices!  Trade Federation AAT was an outrageous $34.99, as was
Royal Joust.  The A-Wing was full normal price, $18.99.  They had
the Mobile Outpost and All Terrain Trapper for $29.99 or
$34.99 each, which is a good deal but no better than last year.  I did find a
bunch of Royal Jousts misshelved as $18.99 sets, and bought one, but even then
it's nothing to be too excited about.

and a whole backet full of the mini sets, left from 2 years ago, for $2 each.
I've also seen some of the arctic sets.  Prices vary from store to store
though.

Which mini-sets?  I found Ice Cream Stand last year, are there any
others?