 Local / Canada / 1145
Re: Heads up: Vision Command Sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 01:56:32 GMT

Is this of any use at all without a Mindstorms kit?  I'll get an RCX
eventually, when they go on enough discount, but should I pick this up in
the meantime?  Assuming there are any at my store, of course.

Cheers, Heather

Yes, it is. In fact it doesn't use the RCX at all. It plugs into your
computer via a 5m cable (USB) and the software for it runs on your
desktop. You can optionally send commands to an RCX (if you have one)
to change direction depending on what it sees, but it isn't necessary.

In fact, one of the "models" shown in the constructopedia is for a
monitor mount. There's also a "shutter" button on it like a normal
camera so you can take digital stills.

Matthias Jetleb
VA3-MWJ