 Local / Canada / *3272 (-20)
  Re: Pick A Brick now in Canada

(...) <snip> (...) I assume you meant 46 2x4 bricks (...) I'll say. So (except for the shipping fees) even shop at home is a better deal for some things. That's a shame. I was looking forward to loading up some 2x4s on the cheap. J <snip> (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Pick A Brick now in Canada

In lugnet.market.shopping, Allan Bedford wrote: <snip> (...) I picked up a small and a large bag of PAB last week. I performed a simple test today: - small bag fits about 28 2x4 bricks (tightly packed, but not stacked) for $6 - large bag fits about (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  VicLUG Meetup Tuesday

OK, here goes. I signed up to be the organizer for the AFOL Meetup in Victoria and renamed it VicLUG. Lets give it a try next Tuesday night (Sept 14) at 8:00 pm at the Denny's across from Mayfair Mall. It is fairly central and has good parking and (...) (20 years ago, 8-Sep-04, to lugnet.org.ca.viclug, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.vic, FTX)

  (Update on Windsor and Cookstown) Re was: Pick A Brick now in Canada

(...) Heads up on "Pick a Brick". For those of you that don't know, all three Bricks and Blocks in Ontario (St. Jacobs, Windsor and Cookstown) are owned by the same owner. I have been told (by the Cookstown Store) that the Pick a Brick, in St Jacobs (...) (20 years ago, 8-Sep-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Pick A Brick now in Canada

(...) Scott L. told me they were. I have to check when I get home but the bags are a lot bigger than the grab bag bags I've seen before. Volumetrically the bag, which is much longer than it is wide, when stuffed, resembles a cylinder or lozenge that (...) (20 years ago, 8-Sep-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca)

  The Shrinking Canadian Dollar

(URL) OK, I knew the Canadian dollar bought less than an American dollar, but c'mon... the truck on the right is from Canada, the truck on the left isn't. [1] Kelly [1] This is a parody and is not intended to be taken seriously by Canadians, clone (...) (20 years ago, 8-Sep-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.fun, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Pick A Brick now in Canada

Replying to several related messages... (...) Are the Discovery Mills ones really filled with as much as a large PAB cup for the price of a small? That size seems to be the same as the grab bags the stores fill with returned pieces. The store policy (...) (20 years ago, 8-Sep-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Any AFOL in the Quebec City area ?

Are you a Quebec City AFOL ? Contact me. We could meet and start a Club in the area. (20 years ago, 8-Sep-04, to lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.que, lugnet.general)

  Re: Crazy Zellers sale

(...) I wish I found out about this earlier! The surveillance car at $17 is already a decent price (considering it's a $40 set) but for $8?! AAAAHH!! Well I shouldn't be spending money on LEGO now anyway. -Bryan (20 years ago, 7-Sep-04, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Pick A Brick now in Canada

(...) That's neat - glad to hear they pulled off a PAB selection there. Do they hold you to the policy of not stacking bricks? (URL) there's a lot of wasted space in the bag... Ed (20 years ago, 7-Sep-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Pick A Brick now in Canada

(...) This is cool. Finally Pick-A-Brick has come to Canada. Now I'm kicking myself for not taking my wife up on the offer to swing by St. Jacob's on the way back from Marineland the previous weekend. D'oh! How much did you pick up? Play well. Tim (...) (20 years ago, 7-Sep-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Pick A Brick now in Canada

(...) This look like the same bucket tree used at Discover Mills. The bags there go for I think 6.99 USD and seem to hold about the same, or maybe a trifle more, than a large PAB cup. (20 years ago, 7-Sep-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Pick A Brick now in Canada

(...) Those are all the buckets. The tree has 32 of them. Unfortunately, someone walked in front of the one picture I took of it. I was thinking of getting one of everything for the inventory but decided to take pictures instead. The red slopes and (...) (20 years ago, 7-Sep-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Pick A Brick now in Canada

(...) Well, that's just my feeling, but it was based on a very quick comparison. I'd be interested to hear from someone who packed one of each, to see whether or not the large bag can hold $4 worth more than the small. (...) I don't think so. :( I (...) (20 years ago, 6-Sep-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Pick A Brick now in Canada

Hi Allan, (...) Too bad I have to spent about 3 minutes finding the way, being my first time in Waterloo. Next time I will know to go for the small bags. Thanks. (...) I was there (in a pig tee :-) too around most of the 4pm filling up one large (...) (20 years ago, 6-Sep-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Pick A Brick now in Canada

(...) Martin, I'll let doug confirm, but from what I can see in his pictures I think he captured every one of the buckets on the rack. Keep in mind, in some of the buckets they mix together 2 or 3 different shapes/sizes of the same colored element. (...) (20 years ago, 6-Sep-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Pick A Brick now in Canada

"Doug Eaton" <doug@ElecBrick.com> wrote in message news:I3MrH0.1pt4@lugnet.com... (...) Blocks (...) a (...) as a (...) This looks just like the system used at the LEGO Outlet in Denver. I had a chance to stop by the Denver Outlet about three weeks (...) (20 years ago, 6-Sep-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Pick A Brick now in Canada

(...) Doug, Thank you very much for posting this. I live only about 35 minutes from Bricks and Blocks, so this is very good news. This must be very new for them. I was just there on August 15 and there was no sign of it then. I had spoken with the (...) (20 years ago, 6-Sep-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Pick A Brick now in Canada

(...) Hello Doug, Happy to learn that we have a PAB in the great white north. Do you have the list of parts at the store? Is the only choice are the picture you took? It look limited but a start. thanks, Martin (20 years ago, 6-Sep-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Pick A Brick now in Canada

While visiting friends in Waterloo this weekend, I stopped by Bricks and Blocks in St. Jacob's Mall and was suprised to find Pick A Brick in Canada and at a store that is not owned by LEGO. (URL) comparison, a large Canadian PAB bag is $9.00 and (...) (20 years ago, 6-Sep-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact