 Local / Australia / Victoria / Melbourne / 268
Re: New eastern venue for MUGS?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 2004 08:52:18 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel, Ross Crawford wrote:
In lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel, Benjamin Whytcross wrote:
In lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel, Ross Crawford wrote:
Hi all,

Hello All,
Lego train layout at my house.
We will start setting up on the 29th of August.
And hopefully have meetings every two or three weeks , until this layout is
finished.In time to show at the big Model/train Show in December.

Date :- 29th of August
Time :- 11am- 4pm
Address :-  Unit 1/15 Orchard Road Bayswater.
Melway ref :- 64  E3

Ross, could you please post this one in on the M>ltc / MUGS event calender.

Thanks, Teunis.

Some bad news. Unfortunately, the Amaroo Centre now has dance classes
permanently booked on Saturdays and Sundays, so we probably won't be able to
continue using it for our MUGS meetings.

Does anyone know anywhere else in east/southeast suburbs that might have similar
room available every couple of months for a reasonable rate?

ROSCO

The best bet would be to look at your local Neighbourhood house/community house,
as these venues are generally cheaper than a hall.

Failing that, Craigieburn meetings could be moved to mid-term if there is a
possibility of Amaroo in school holidays...

Just to clarify, the dance classes will only use half the hall (where we
normally set up train layout), so the rest is still available unless it's booked
by someone else, which it happens to be on the 22nd. So we can continue to use
it, I'm just wondering if it's big enough, with our group starting to grow.

I can book it for the 29th, but I wasn't sure when you (Ben) had the next
craigieburn one booked, it might be a bit close. Also a couple of people have
offered their house for a small meeting maybe the week before (15th). I won't be
here that weekend, but a small meeting at someones house is a possibility. Or a
large one if they don't mind large ones at their house :)

ROSCO