 Local / Australia / Victoria / Melbourne / 210
Re: July meeting - partsies!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 04:44:33 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel, Ross Crawford wrote:
   Hi all,

Alright, let’s do it:

Place :- Paul’s house Address :- 2/107 Kooyongkoot Rd, Hawthorn Date :- Sunday 27th of July Time :- From 11am to 4pm (approx) Themes :- Partsies , Next train set up ideas , ETC.

Bring your partsies budget!!! ;-)

Thanks Ross.

Somehow I’m expecting just the usual suspects, although all suspects are quite welcome, especially if you want dibs in partsies (or whole sets, depending on demand).

For those who mightn’t know, partsies refers to the (not new) practice of divvying up a set between people so they don’t have to splash out on a whole set. Best done with multiple clearance sets, it allows everyone to accrue bulk(ish) amounts of parts and share the cost/savings, unlike buying from Bricklink sellers who generally charge premium prices.

Partsies requires:
  • Sets that have a good proportion of useful/desirable parts
  • A decent amount of time to go through the set(s) and divvy up
  • A certain amount of diplomacy, because some parts are more desirable than others :-)
The partsies budget currently stands at:

3 x Chamber Of Secrets
2 x Jango Fett’s Slave I
2 x Black Seas Barracuda
1 x Republic Gunship

We don’t have to part out all of them, of course. It’ll also be nice to finally have all my “spares” available too :-)

Cheers,