 Local / Australia / Queensland / Brisbane / 68
Re: Are we ready for Brisbane get-together?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.qld.bri
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 05:25:36 GMT

1. Assuming there was no problem with the date, place, transport, cost, etc,
would you be interested in attending a Brisbane get-together of some sort?

Yes

2. What constraints do you have? E.g. only on weekends, only if accessible
by public transport, etc

Very few, but weekends are preferable and I rely on public transport but can
make arrangements.

3. What would you like to do at such an event? I have never attended a LegOz
event, so I'm a little vague about exactly what is supposed to happen.
However, it's our event so we can do whatever we like ...

I could bring old catalogues (all major cat's back to 1983) and some books and
other old Lego stuff. I could also bring some MOC's and stuff.

What would be neat (although not at the first meeting) is if we could make a
largish display by each making modules to be joined togethor. This could be town
or castle although I think town is better because we all have some I think (bar
Kerry but she could make a robotic crane perhaps ;-)). A lrage Star Wars display
would also be possible as anyone with lots of town or castle could build bases
and cities (for example).

I think anything like this would be best discussed at a first meeting but if we
could do it it would be a good way to show off to the world.