 Local / Australia / New South Wales / Sydney / 92
Re: New Star Wars in Oz
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 02:43:07 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd, Santosh Bhat writes:
Peter,

About your little calculation algorithm for determining Lego prices in Oz, Its
not proprietary is it?

Nothing that six years of estimating experience in the marine division of a
construction company wouldn't do for you too ;-). No, nothing tricky about it,
and the working's in the post anyway.

The other post with all the Star Wars 2000 sets with USD versus AUD prices I
just researched from LEGO Australia and Lugnet (Thanks Todd for Pause. Is
there any way of filling the MSRP gaps?) and a few other sites.

If the truth be known, I was actually setting out to prove that it could be
done cheaper than what we pay for it. The fact that it came out nearly spot on
for this particular set was... well... luck?

If I can get a hold of some wholesale prices for the sets (yeah... right) I
could refine the pricing (and it would come out cheaper because of the double
overheads/profit thing) and then we'd see the naked truth. WE'RE RIPPED OFF!!!

Pete Callaway