 Local / Australia / New South Wales / Sydney / 387
Re: Last of the Soccer days :( - (was Re: Toys-r-us Chatswood 16/4/1)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 11:51:15 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd, Mel Brown writes:

There is no more Soccer items coming our way!  Lego deleted the line at the
start of the year, so what you see in the stores is all we have left :(  The
shoot and score, the soccer field set (main set), the black bus and also the
extension pack is all we will have from now on.

This also means that there will be no Female Soccer Team :(((
Waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh - we suck!  Seems like Australia has and always will get
just diddly squat as far as anything Lego and exciting goes :(

After Paradisa 2870, maybe anything is possible.

The line was deleted with a few other lines as the stores no longer wanted
to stock the items/Lego only has a limited amount of space/shelves in the
stores and also to make room for new stock, no room = no new stock.

Pity, it seemed to sell well. So it should, being half the price it is in the
US.

Damn, when I win (ha! likely thinking) lotto (yeah, yeah gotta be in to win)
I promise that Australia will have the coolest lego stuff I can get!

Maybe ask Mr.Ozbricks to source some soccerettes.