 Local / Australia / New South Wales / Sydney / 383
Re: Lots of lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 02:19:25 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd, Dave Low writes:
In lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd, Angus Burns writes:
Any idea where I could get lots of random lego blocks? • <snip>
Have a look at <set:4213>, <snip> a small red basic bucket for $14-18.

Angus,

I'll second Dave's suggestions. I think it really depends on the age of your
kids... if they're preschool aged, go for the small red bucket. My daughter
got one of these for her third birthday (about three weeks ago), and it is
just playable for her. The bigger windows and doors, and the absence of 1 x
n bricks help alot. It has all the usual extras - wheels, propeller, people
(made of blocks) etc. (If you go for the red bucket, I'd suggest you get a
baseplate as well).

If your kids are 5+, go for the 4213. As a smaller, cheaper alternative, you
could have a look at 4225 (Toys-r-us, $9.97 at the moment). I picked up one
of these at the S'fest on Saturday, and liked it so much that I went out and
bought another five (!) of these yesterday.

The 4229 set is bricks only, but that is good if it's combined with other sets.

If you wanted to spend $100, a combination of 1 x 4213, 1 x 4229 and 2 x
4225 would keep school aged kids going for a long time.

Cheers

Richie Dulin