 Local / Australia / New South Wales / Sydney / 276
Re: Thunderbirds Are GO !!! (Well maybe)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 10:44:30 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd, Peter Callaway writes:
Hi All,
Sounds like I missed a good day out at Pete's on the weekend.

Anyway. One of my sons unearthed my old (I mean OLD) Thunderbird 2 die cast
the other day. Last night I built it out of LEGO.

Scale is "microfig car fits in the cargo hold/drop down thingie", and it is
built around an old train template (you know the large plate with the hole
to fit around the old style motor).
Question is: Has anyone else built Thunderbirds vehicles out of Lego, and
do you have pics/lcad drawings?

Pete.C and James were talking T1. I'm not sure how far this got.
I'm sure they'll hop in later and fill you in.

We got as far as James e-mailing me his ldraw pics of the stages. It is an
impressive vehicle he has modelled, and minifig scale too!! I was going to
give it a hash, but Boxer's troops needed vehicles (just as well, too) so I
ran out of time (and most probably the appropriate bits).

The pics are on my site, www.geocities.com/jehowse thunder1 2 and 3.jpg I
think. These are POVRay renderings of an incomplete TB1 model I LDrew earlier
this year. It's incomplete because it really needs building solutions, answers
to building problems that are a function of what peices one has in what
colours.

But TB1 is on the drawing board for early August.  I'd love to see a TB2 in
any scale.

James (who loved Saturday morning TV thunderbirds rocked!)