 Local / Australia / New South Wales / Sydney / 100
Re: LegOz 2000.2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd
Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 2000 22:46:50 GMT

T'was a lot of fun

Once again thanks to Richard for being the host. And Thanks to James,Eli,Peter
C and Peter W for bringing all their cool stuff along.

It's looking as though this (and Studs 1) could be the start of bigger and
better things to come.

Did we resolve the whole SLUGS/STUDS question?

Cheers
Santsoh

In lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd, Richard Parsons writes:
Evening all,

We have just packed up and gone home (well except me obviously, I live here)
after LegOz 2000.2

I had a great time - thanks guys.  The house was stacked to the gunwales
with Lego.  Train tracks ran as far as the eye could see, Star Wars was
piled up everywhere, and castle and technic dodged in and out.  Cool!

James (Howse), Santosh (Bhat) and Eli (Donati) brought along trains (9v and
12v), stations, signals - my little 4.5 volt (modified 171) train never had
it so good.  Eli also brought a great big station, a metroliner, a Big
Bertha (railway mounted field piece), and a host of vehicles and people
(including the Beatles, sans Ringo's drums).

James also brought his medieval horde, and his star wars horde, and at least
two other hordes.  He also brought his new Battle Droid, and sold us all on
them - now I have to buy three, one for me, and one for each of my boys!

Peter W(hite) brought along his Belville minifig scale castle-in-progress
(which is surprisingly cool - I'm not a fan of Belville, but this had
potential), and some Megablocks for us to try out (not bad - and at these
prices, might be a practical answer to some otherwise unachievable dreams)
and an Alliance base barbecue, complete with roasting kadu.

Peter C(allaway) brought his Consular Transport-in-progress, huge and
intricately detailed, which together with all the A-wings, Y-wings, and
Peter C's impressive home built B-wing made for a tremendous Alliance
layout.

Stay tuned for photos and an update to the Studs page over the next two
weeks - maybe even profiles of the Studs guys..........

LegOz 2000.3 will be on Sunday 4 June 2000, near Penrith.  Mark it in your
diary.

Did you mark it?  Tsk tsk.  Go get your diary......

Thanks guys - look forward to seeing you next time (or before at GBs if the
rumours are true ;-)

Regards

Richard
Still baldly going...