 Local / Australia / 9886
Re: Is KMART about to have a LEGO sale? [also exclusive items at BigW]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 13 Oct 2002 14:53:55 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
I've been meaning to ask if anyone knows about this...last week I went into
my local K-Mart [Campbellfield] and there were posters and hanging signs
about it being "Blocktober"...It looked like there was a sale planned, but
hadn't started...anyone know anything about this?

K-Mart does get up to dodgy antics occasionally. I have seen KLCastle marked
'lowest price' at $179, they musn't remember the $99 days.
The windows of a K-M I visited were festooned with various manufacturers
listed on posters (one of which was Lego), but the sets weren't anything
special for the price, so not-special I have forgotten what they were.
Well, nothing a 15-20% off sale wouldn't get you.

Also, I Believe Big-W have a pull-back racer set [4595] with what appears to
be a LEGO branded stop-watch. price for this combo is $13.97.
They also have as another exclusive set 3420 with bonus 3423. Price is $49.76.

The soccer field/bus bonus have been about for months. Many buyers may be
scared off by the way the bus box depresses the field box in on itself in the
shrinkwrapping process.