 Local / Australia / 9780
Re: The end of the Snottler (and contemplation on the size of the ISD)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 01:23:34 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin writes:
As of last night, the HMLS Snottler IV is no more. No two pieces of the once
mighty ship remained joined together as they were in the Snottler.
Being somewhat obsessive, I counted all the pieces I'd used. The final total
(excluding the helicopter & crew, but including the ship's crew) was 2,581
pieces.
That piece count makes the Imperial Star Destroyer seem even more impressive
to me... I'd been forced to use smaller plates than were needed (eg 2 4x6's
rather than 8x6's etc), but the ISD designers wouldn't have had to. That ISD
is going to be one subtstantial model.
Cheers
Richie
Ritchie,
Have you seen the inventory for the ISD on peeron,
http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/10030-1
Thanks to Rosco for pointing me to it...
Though it begs the question - did the Snottler cost AU$500 plus postage?
Mind you, I would buy the ISD if i had a job, regardless of whether or not i
could afford it as such...
And i heard rumour that there will be a release of similar scale ships from
SW - will the Millenium Falcon be a 8 wide radar dish with two wing pieces
out front? Think i will go build that, it would look good on the back of the
bridge... then all i need do is keep that in my wallet in case i come across
some one else's ISD...
But back to what i wanted to post originally, look forward to seeing a ship
at brickfest x? where you have combined the Snottler with one or two ISDs
Cheers,
Robert