 Local / Australia / 9744
9743  |  9745
Subject:
STUDFest XVI - the report
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 08:17:13 GMT

A warm, sunny and possibly inconvenient long weekend day kept the attendees at
Studfest XVI to a minimum, but what we lacked in numbers we made up for in
enthusiasm.

James brought along a typically splendid and deadly efficient army (or two), a
variety of post apocalyptic trucks, an APC, a tank and a land cruiser. James
had also constructed a Cathedral set.

Robert furnished a post apocalyptic brikwars army which was suitably
'down-teched' for the occassion. High energy weapons alongside horse riding
astronauts. Robert also had a luxury roadster (a real convertable,
complete with rumble seat) and large robot, complete with a classic space logo.

Dave commandeered (and then commanded) one of James' armies when it came time
for brikwars.

I brought along the Grand Armee of the South Pacifique, their guillotine (just
in case), the latest module of Port Brique and the Snottler on its last outing
(it's off to the scrapyard shortly).

There was discussion, playing of Cathedral (sort of like Tetris with time to
think) and Brikwars (my brikwars army consisted of the sailors from the HMLS
Snottler, together with whatever weapons - machine guns, guided missiles,
torpedos and a phallanx - that they could strip from the frigate).

The attendees are pictured at
www.brickshelf.com/gallery/rdulin/SfestXVI/s16attendees.jpg (left to right:
Robert, Richie, James and Dave, the duplo kids are Niamh, Harriet and Hazel,
the ship's figurehead is Beth).

Pictorial highlights:
www.brickshelf.com/gallery/rdulin/SfestXVI/s06cathedral.jpg
www.brickshelf.com/gallery/rdulin/SfestXVI/s03rrobot.jpg
www.brickshelf.com/gallery/rdulin/SfestXVI/s09roadster.jpg
www.brickshelf.com/gallery/rdulin/PortBrique/shipyard1.jpg

(The whole folder will be available at
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=26451 in due course).

The next STUDfest is to be held in early December, probably at Marsfield or
Hazelbrook, and is to feature aquatic brikwars.

Cheers

Richie