 Local / Australia / 9737
  Brisbane Moonbase

At our recent BUGS meeting at Mel's place (which nobody has written up as our regular scribe Aaron could not make it), we talked making our next BUGS meeting a "moonbase" theme in which everyone (who feels like it) builds a moonbase module which we (...) (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Brisbane Moonbase

(...) Hey, I hadn't thought of that! Ideas are forming... gaining shape :) (...) I am for sure in this, though it means HMS 17 must go to the great parts bin in the sky. I have, like *zero* grey (as my sister would say) Michael Dallaston (22 years ago, 5-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Brisbane Moonbase

(...) Well, 'the Penguin' has now been atomised to free up enough blue, grey and classic space logo parts to send to the moon. Hmmm... Australians in space... I hope I've got enough trans-yellow 1x1 round bricks for all the beer glasses I'm gonna (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Brisbane Moonbase

(...) meeting (...) being (...) construction, even as we speak? My own little module has just passed the proof-of-concept milestone. I have established a viable design, but have only built parts of it. The next step is to build the whole thing now (...) (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Brisbane Moonbase

(...) Moonbase?... Moonbase! <looks around furtively> ummmm... still waiting for inspiration... However, I may be able to provide a suspiciously gorilla-like mech to scale the tallest one (if I can scratch together enough black hinge plates). How (...) (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Brisbane Moonbase

(...) My moonbase module Version 1.0 was inaugurated this afternoon, based on the proof of concept previously mentioned. The function and appearance of this module is deliberately kept a secret until our next BUGS meeting ... whenever we get around (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Brisbane Moonbase

(...) for (...) Well Kerry I'm happy to inform you that moonbases are being built. I know Peter is busy putting his together and Callum and I are in the process. Not sure about the others but we will see. Mark mentioned the other day that he would (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Brisbane Moonbase

(...) Still in the 'design' phase (i.e. staring at a blank grey baseplate and hoping some sort of idea develops) Michael Dallaston (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Brisbane Moonbase

(...) Inspiration finally hit me at about 10pm last night. Of course, I had to start immediately (well, immediately upon clearing my desk of the detritus of my other works in progress). Sleep? Who needs it. Allister (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.loc.au)