 Local / Australia / 9659
Re: Lego Millipede World Record Attempt : Melbourne 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel
Date:
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 12:46:12 GMT

Ross! WOW!

I am simply STUNNED! I've never heard of an event like that. I have seen
other community build events, but that thing is just MASSIVE! The Brickshelf
page has not been moderated yet, but I was able to hit the 6 or 7 images
directly by their file name.

Do you have any stats on the salient points of the event? You gave us the
length, etc., but what about a "rough" estimate of the number of bricks in
the Millipede. It looks to me like each section is identical in
construction, therefore we could probably get a rough number of the brick
count....

What organization hosted the event? How many people attended?

Thanks for sharing, and I hope that some other people can post some more images.

-Tommy

In lugnet.loc.au, Ross Crawford writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Peter Young writes:
Hi All,

For those who didn't get along to it, the previous records set by Denmark
last week for the longest Lego Millipede, was broken this afternoon on the
roof of SouthLand Shopping Centre here in Melbourne.  The previous record
was around 680m (someone else might know the correct measurement).  The
record was SMASHED and set at 1014.8 metres.

Some pictures here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=25643

Until moderation, here's a couple of teasers:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/RoscoHead/displays/millipede/picture_1160.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/RoscoHead/displays/millipede/picture_1162.jpg

Regards

ROSCO