 Local / Australia / 9597
  LEGO as an international company...

Just a couple of minor gripes about TLG's "international" approach... 1) Having a look on their shop site, I went to see when if the Harry Potter E2 sets were available, only to get a pop-up saying they would be available this coming friday...It (...) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO as an international company...

(...) So would I, and I would also like to know why LEGO became so UScentric. when, and why, did this happen, we all know they were not founded there. curious non-US citizen, Travis (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO as an international company...

(...) The sooner the world standardises on Greenwich Mean Time, the better*! (...) I note that you were giving an example, not necessarily quoting the whole list; Am I right in presuming Germany was listed as well (with appropriate international (...) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general)

who cares? if you want the set you will get today or next week. patience grasshopper. -tk "Benjamin Whytcross" <b_whytcross@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:H2CtAB.9t3@lugnet.com... (...) Potter (...) available (...) Friday (...) copy-right (...) (...) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO as an international company...

(...) Yep...the 'international' countries it gives the phone number for are: Australia, Austria, Belgium [Flemish and French], Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, (...) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO as an international company...

(...) <big snip> (...) Indeed, but I suspect that's only because the government, not the customers*, get upset if they don't have both. Cheers Richie *Of course, the customers may get upset too, but it's only the government who can take quick, (...) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO as an international company...

(...) (snip) (...) (snip) (...) I dunno if this counts, but I think we here have the chance of phoning the local offices of LEGO Iberia (Lisbon number, re-directed to Spain), and ordering stuff from S@H. At least that was the system used early this (...) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO as an international company...

(...) I went to have a look in the US-section. I won't do that again, it almost made me cry. I also want a deskpal. I know I can ask someone in the states to order it for me and send it over here, but the shippingcosts are way to high for that. I (...) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)