 Local / Australia / 9299
Re: Jason does Brisbane
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 05:15:38 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond writes:
I finally got to meet Jason King from Rockhampton, during his visit to
Brisbane this weekend. We did the Lego Shopping Tour Of Brisbane [as
trademarked by Richie Dulin]

Glad you're respecting my trademark there!

, consisting of the CBD and Garden City,
covering Myer, DJs, Target, Kmart, BigW, TRU and Toyworld. A lesser man
might have quailed at this challenge, but Jason was up for it.

The best discounts of the day were at Toyworld (both in the Myer Centre and
Queen Street), which has the

5987 Dino Research Compound for $80 [lots of tan, brown and green in this
set]

More brown 2x2 bricks than you can poke a stick at (and with all those brown
2x2's you can actually make quite a realistic stick!). And an awkwardly odd
number of low-sloped roof pieces... which makes buying these sets in pairs
almost mandatory ;-)

4561 Railway Express for $180 [awful train, but it comes with a regulator
etc]
7161 Gungan Sub for $45 [I think]
5920 Island Racer for $4 [they must have had 100s of these]
???? Black Case containing basic bricks for $15 [Mel, do you know the
number?]

Does that mean Mel has to take her one back for another $5 refund?

Note only the Black Case appears in the Toyworld catalogue, so I cannot say
if these discounts are available at all Toyworlds, or only at our Mr Toys
Toyworlds.

Due to the rain we decided not to bother with Mr Shifty at Southbank.

I'm not sure that Shifty bricks should be left out in the rain in any case ;-)

Later we went to Peter's place to play trains with Ken and Mark on the new
layout. We also talked about cats and watched the classic movie Mrs Miniver
for a while. For the benefit of those present who wanted to know more about
the film than I could remember, see here:

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0035093

Incidentally, Mrs Miniver was played by Greer Garson, who was 38 at the time
the film was made, so she *was* old enough to play a role of a mother, whose
son was joining the air force as portrayed in the film.

Hmmmm.... always good to know another bit of movie trivia. My favourite bit
of trivia is the actress who played Cary Grant's mother in North by
Northwest was a year *younger* then CG.

Cheers

Richie