 Local / Australia / 9212
9211  |  9213
Subject:
A castle within a castle... Bli Bli Castle - QLD Australia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 13:11:35 GMT

Well... while I was searching around on the ole net...

I came across this:
http://unadorned.org/photos/2001/06/Queensland/qld.eperl?pic=57
Wooohooo LEGO!  From what I can gather this can be found at the Bli Bli
Castle, which is in QLD Australia.  Just a little north from Brisbane closer
to the Sunshine Coast.

Picture of the castle:
www.queensland-holidays.com.au/ pfm/sites/0000676/img03.jpg

Taken from another sites;

"Bli Castle was opened to the public in March,1973. Bli Bli is an aboriginal
word meaning many swamp oak trees and is pronounced BLIGH BLIGH. This
mediaeval castle features a dungeon torture chamber and a large display of
mediaeval armour, 350 dancing dolls dressed in national costume representing
57 countries around the world, and a doll museum with over 2200 dolls. In
addition, seven fairy stories are depicted in dioramas. "

Location:  292-296 David Low Way, Bli Bli, Qld, 4560
Opening Times:  0900 - 1630 hours Daily. Last entry is at 1615 hours. Closed
Christmas DayAdmission ...
Adults:  A$10.00
Children:  A$5.00 U17
Groups:  A$5.00 PP
For More Information Contact…  Bli Bli Castle
Phone: +61 7 5448 5373
Fax: +61 7 5448 5373
* All prices are quoted in Australian dollars.

Might hafta take a trip up there... just to see it myself ;)

Mel
www.brickzine.com
"just another brick on my site"