 Local / Australia / 9072
9071  |  9073
Subject:
Finally got some photos!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.build.military
Date:
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 05:34:56 GMT

I don't often post to .space or .mecha but I do occasionaly build such.

As promised here are the pictures of my Games Workshop Warhammer 40000 Space
Marine models. (You may have seen them on the Brikwars battlefield at the last
National meeting in Brisbane, Australia).

Of course you may have no idea who GW are or what a Warhammer might be, but
check out the pics anyway.

The Landraider (raider1.jpg-raider8.jpg) has an RCX built in which controls two
tracks and the front turret. The micromotor for the front turret and one of the
track motors are visible in
a shot of the side with the armour plating peeled off. This is also a good way
to see how the side door was constructed.
For the mecha fans, the dreadnaught is reasonably flexable with 11 points of
articulation (not counting the "fingers") Mind you, the fingers mean the
ability to show enemy soldiers exactly what you think of them
Very useful! That and being able to bust a kung-fu robo move.
Yes, he stands on one foot (as long as you're careful :)

Anyways, enough waffling. Thanks to UniTechSyd for the loan of the camera!

James (who knows people who know people...)